WIREROPE GREASE is specially formulated with mineral hydrocarbon wax and asphaltic base, with anti-wear and anti-rust additive agents to enhance performance. It offers outstanding corrosion protection, even under humid and salt water conditions, and is specially designed to help preserve and lubricate wire ropes, particularly in marine and offshore applications. Corrosion inhibitors are mixed in to prevent rusting of bright ferrous metals. To achieve the best performance, use WIREROPE GREASE for internal lubricating and core penetration, and WIREROPE GREASE for external wire rope lubrication.
- Good protection for wire rope from rain and sea water corrosion
- Able to reduce pressure on slow moving open gears to prevent damages and extend gears service life
- Strong adhesiveness and penetrating properties for long-lasting effects
- Prolong wire rope life
|Last Non-Seizure Load||ASTM D2596||N||1,118|
|Dropping Point||ASTM D566||℃||194|
|Pen Cone @ 25 ℃ Unworked||ASTM D217||℃||60|
|Run Test||ASTM D665||–||Pass|
|Application Temperature||Declaration||℃||115 to 125|
These characteristics are typical of current production. Whilst future production will conform to Swee Joo’s specification, variations in these characteristics may occur.
WIREROPE GREASE is specially formulated for use in external applications such as shipyard cranes, mobile cranes, lift, winches, slow moving open gears etc.
For best results, wire ropes should be cleaned with wire brushes, a scraper, suitable solvents, compressed air or superheated steam on the old layers of lubricant before ROCKY WIRE ROPE GREASE is applied. Once clean, apply ROCKY WIRE ROPE OILS for deep penetration to lubricate the core internally, then brush the wire ropes with ROCKY WIRE ROPE GREASE for external protection.
Health, Safety & Environment
- Health and Safety
- ROCKY WIRE ROPE GREASE is not expected to produce adverse effects on health when used for the intended application and recommendations. Do not use for purposes other than its intended application.
- Protect the Environment
- When disposing of used product, take care to protect the environment. Take used oil to an authorized collection point. Do not discharge into drains, soil or water point.
Misrepresentation Act 1967 Trade Descriptions Act 1968
The information given in this label is based on our experience and report from customers. There are many factors outside our control and knowledge which affect the use and performance of our products and for which reason no warranty is given, express or implied. Users should make their own tests to determine the applicability of such information or the suitability of any products for their own particular purposes. Statements concerning the use of the products described herein are not to be construed as recommending the infringement of any patent and no liability for infringement arising out of any such use is to be assumed.
Get in touch with us. We’d love to hear from you.