Marine Engine SAE 30,40
High Speed Diesel Engine Oils
Marine Oils are premium quality high performance engine lubricants designed to meet the demanding requirements of a very wide range of high speed marine diesel engines operating under all conditions.
- High-speed diesel engines operating on distillate fuels
- Outstanding piston cleanliness: Free-running piston rings, even under difficult operational conditions, ensuring maximum reliability.
- Exceptional engine cleanliness: Ability to retain high levels of soot safely in suspension, even with extended drain intervals.
- Excellent Oxidation resistance: Unusually good thermal stability and oxidation resistance built in. The lubricant is therefore especially suited for marine diesel engines operating at high piston temperatures, including both naturally aspirated and turbocharged engines.
- Good anti-wear properties: Maintains a protective oil film between pistons and their rings and cylinder walls, under high operating temperatures and pressures.
Protect the environment
Take used oil to an authorised collection point. Do not discharge into drains, soil or water.
Typical Physical Characteristics
|SAE Viscosity||ASTM D-4052||Grade 30||Grade 40|
|Kinematic Viscosity @ 40°C, cSt||ASTM D-7279||108||131|
|Kinematic Viscosity @ 100°C, cSt||ASTM D-7279||12||15|
|Viscosity Index||ASTM D2270||100||117|
|Density @ 15°C, kg/l||ASTM 92-12B||0.91||0.897|
|Flash Point, Closed Cup, °C||ASTM 97-12||225||250|
|TBN-E, mg KOH/g||18||18|
These characteristics are typical of current production. While future production will conform to Shell’s specification, variations in these characteristics may occur
Get in touch with us. We’d love to hear from you.